New students to the district will complete transportation requests through the registration process. Registration can be completed at: New Student Registration
Alternate Transportation is defined as before-school and after-school transportation that is not the assigned bus route. Examples include EXCL and parent pickup. To help us schedule our busing the most efficiently, we ask families utilizing alternate transportation options to complete the form below which will be communicated to M&J bus company and the school main office.
Request for change of Bus Assignment
If you are requesting a change in your child’s assigned stop, please complete the form below and submit it to your school office. Change requests will be reviewed by M&J and parents will be notified if approved.
Please note- if your child is absent from school or will not be riding the bus, please notify your school as soon as possible.
Important Information on changes to Transportation Schedules
M&J Bus, Inc., the Farmington Public Schools contracted student transportation partner, strives to provide a consistent daily student transportation schedule and also strives to maintain the highest standards of transportation safety & reliability. In the event of an unforeseen situation that disrupts normal transportation services the Farmington Public Schools will attempt to notify parents/guardians in a timely manner through each school’s SchoolMessenger communication system with transportation updates.
In the event that you have any questions or concerns regarding transportation, please send a email to Lee Rodriguez.
The lack of bus drivers echoes the broader labor shortage facing businesses and governments. Similar to other employment challenges due to the pandemic, bus companies are facing a scarcity of individuals applying for these positions. School transportation companies are also competing with the private sector. Further, there was an increase in bus driver retirements during the pandemic. It takes months for a bus driver to be licensed in Connecticut. Taken together, this issue has been unquestionably compounded for the start of the school year and unfortunately, for the foreseeable future.
Farmington, as well as school districts across Connecticut and the United States, are facing a bus driver shortage. We also have typical traffic issues that impact transportation on a daily basis. When bus routes are doubled due to a lack of drivers or driver by a substitute, it also adds to delays throughout the district. We are working closely with M&J (our contracted bus company) each day. In addition, we send out notifications when we are aware of more significant delays.
We work closely with M&J related to this significant challenge. Here are some ways in which we are trying to address this ongoing issue:
- Ongoing and real time notifications to families (once we receive notification of delays from M&J)
- Advertise bus driver positions on our website and FHS electronic sign
Collapsing/adjusting bus runs to ensure we can transport students to and from school daily
- Drivers conducting practice runs and adding supports to some routes
Please know that M&J is contracted to provide bus services. Please be assured we follow the contract provisions when issues arise that do not meet the contractual language set forth.
Unfortunately, for the reasons we articulated above, we can only provide an estimated time for pick up and drop off. We also have typical traffic issues that impact transportation on a daily basis. When bus routes are doubled due to a lack of drivers or driven by a substitute, it also adds to delays throughout the district. We are working closely with M&J (our contracted bus company) each day. In addition, we send out notifications when we are aware of more significant delays.
Please call the office well before dismissal to alert the office of this change. If you don’t call the office to alert office staff of this change, last minute changes are difficult, especially if your child is already on the bus. This creates additional delays as we take a child off the bus for a last minute unanticipated pick up.
Please call M&J at 860-674-1241.
If you know someone who is interested in becoming a bus driver, please contact M&J. This will greatly assist in addressing the significant bus driver shortage we are experiencing. We apologize for any inconvenience the ongoing bus issues have caused FPS families. Please keep us informed of challenges and please know we are working closely with M&J on a daily basis.
Late Bus Schedule
- Eastside 3:50 P.M., 5:30 P.M.: Farmington Ave. to Devonwood Dr. to Town Farm Rd. to Farmington Ave. to Garden St. to Main St., Farmington (between Hatters Ln. and Farmington Ave.) to Waterville Rd. to Aqueduct Rd. to Talcott Notch Rd. to Old Mountain Rd. to Talcott Notch Rd. to Farmington Ave. to South Rd. to Birdseye Rd. to Wolf Pit Rd. to Patrick Flood Rd. to South Rd. to Middle Rd. to Woodruff Rd. to South Rd. to Colt Hwy. to Fienemann Rd. turn around @ Ellen to Fienemann Rd. to Colt Hwy. to Terrie Rd. to Gail Rd. to Wolf Pit Rd. to Birdseye Rd. to South Rd. to Farmington Ave. (Prattling Pond Rd.)
- Westside 3:50 P.M., 5:30 P.M.: Farmington Ave. to Unionville Center to New Britain Ave. to Meadow Rd. turn around White Circle/Rocky Ridge/Carriage to Meadow Rd. to New Britain Ave. to Red Oak Hill Rd. to West District Rd. to Plainville Ave. and Scott Swamp Rd. (between Plainville Ave. and Bristol Line) to Camp St. to Maxine Rd. to Plainville Ave. (between Plainville Line & Scott Swamp Rd.) to Scott Swamp Rd. (between Plainville Ave. and Hyde Rd.) to Hyde Rd. to New Britain Ave. to Scott Swamp Rd. to Plainville Ave. to Northwest Dr. to Cooke St. to Hawthorne Ln. to Forest Hills Rd. to Main St. to Mountain Rd.(students ride this bus for the area between CVS and Meadow Rd.) to Birdseye Rd. to Pinnacle Rd. to Colt Hwy. to Birdseye Rd.
- Bus #1: – Farmington Ave. to Mt. Spring Rd. to Talcott Notch Rd. to Old Mt. Rd. to Mt. Spring Rd. to Talcott Notch Rd. to Aqueduct Rd. to Waterville Rd. to Farmington Ave. to Devonwood Dr. to Farmington Ave. to West Avon Rd.
- Bus #2: – Plainville Ave. to to Lovely St. to Orchard St. to Huckleberry Hill Rd. to Main St. to Elm St. to Maple St. to Platner St. to Mill St. to South Main St. to Farmington Ave. to West Avon Rd. to Harris/Brickyard Rd.
- Bus #3: Wolf Pit Rd. to Colt Hwy. to Fienemann Rd. turn around @ Ellen to Fienemann Rd. to Colt Hwy./Scott Swamp Rd. to Hyde Rd. to New Britain Ave. to Scott Swamp Rd. to Spring Ln. turn around @ Right Ln. to Scott Swamp Rd. to Camp St. to Phelan to Keri to Maxine to Camp St. to Scott Swamp Rd. to Plainville Ave. to Northwest Dr. to Cooke St. to Hawthorne Ln. to Forest Hills Dr. to South Ridge Rd. reverse back to Cooke St. to Northwest Dr. to Main St., F. to Meadow Rd./Red Oak Hill Rd. to New Britain Ave. to Wall St.
- Bus #4: Wolf Pit Rd. to Colt Hwy. to South Rd. to Woodruff Rd. to Tunxis/Middle Rd. to South Rd. to Birdseye Rd.to Colt Hwy. to Pinnacle Rd. to turn around @ Pinnacle Ridge Rd. to reverse back to Colt Hwy. to Birdseye Rd. to Mountain Rd. to Main St., F. to Meadow Rd. to travel portion Plainville Ave. (no students) to Coppermine Rd. to Red Oak Hill Rd.
- Bus #1: (RED) Judson Ln. to Brookshire Ln. to West Woods II to Inwood Ln. to Peggy Ln. to Harold Rd. to Junior Rd. to Songbird Ln. to Partridge Ln. to Florence Way to Farmington Chase to Wells Dr. to Pine Hollow to Cutler Ln. to Cope Farms area to Hartfield Ln. to Tall Timbers Dr. to Olde Pond Ln. to Portage Crossing to Snowberry Ln. to Coppermine Rd. to Lake Garda Rd. to Silversmith Rd. to Hemlock Notch to Brightwood Rd. to Fox Run to Webster St. to Strawfield to Cross Creek to Anglers Bend to Taine Mt. Rd. to Hendrickson
- Bus #2: (ORANGE) Judson Ln. to Executive Dr. to Blossom to Rosewood Dr. to Half Acre/Fawn Dr. to Garden St. to Main St. to Penfield to Indian Hill
Bus #3 – (YELLOW) Judson Ln. to Somersby Way to Carriage Dr. to White Circle to Trotters Glen/Apple Tree Ln. to New Britain Ave. to Roma Dr. to Briarhill to Cobblestone to Dunnewood Court to Mals Way to Westview Ter. to Chaffee Dr. to Bella Ln. to Horseshoe Ln. to Walnut Farms to Paperchase to Hidden Oak to Fieldstone to Sycamore to Twin Ponds to Great Oak to Woodside Rd. to Coppermine Village to Butternut to Colony to Pine to Pond/Sunset to Lido to Lake Garda Dr. to Litchfield Rd. to Lincoln St. to Buena Vista Rd. to Old Field to Glen Hollow to Doris to West Meath to Keene Pl. to Webster St. to Forest St. to New Britain Ave. to Wall St. to Haberern Rd.
- Bus #4: (BLUE) Judson Ln. to St. Andrews to Pheasant Hill to Deer Run to Brookside Ridge to Copper Beech Rd. to Northington Way to Mt. Spring to Vine Hill to Metacomet to Talcott Ridge/Talcott Glen to Exchange Dr. to Timberline to Maple & Oakland Ave. to Northeast/White Oak to Ely Rd. to Mt. Spring to Noah Wallace School to High St. to Poplar Hills Rd. to Farmington Ridge
- Bus #5: (GREEN) Judson Ln. to Elm St. to Bidwell Square to Rourke Pl. to Sunset Ter. to Stanford Ave. to Merriman St. to Sylvan Ave. to Cottage/Keyes St. to Farmington Woods to Cedar Ln. to Williamsburg to Griffinville Rd. to Wildwood Rd. to Lakeshore Dr. to Grandview Dr. to Fenwick Rd. to Winding Trails to Oxford to Glenmore to Newberry to Stratford to Salisbury Rd. to Girard Ave. to Tunxis Village to Greenbriar to Grandview Dr. to Lakeshore Rd. to Wyndwood Rd./Wanamassa Rd. to Knollwood/Woewassa Rd. to Farmington Court Apts. to Monteith Dr. to Highwood Rd. to Walnut St.
- Bus #6: (PURPLE) Judson Ln. to Pinnacle Rd. to Heritage Glen to Ellen & Cheryl Dr. to Douglas Way to Paul Spring Rd. to Elizabeth Rd. to Wolf Pit Rd. to Munson Rd. to Valley View Dr. to Cedar Ridge Dr. to Hickory Dr. to West Gate to Burnt Hill Rd. to East Gate to Ridgeview Dr. to Shady Ln. to Helm Dr. to Romano Court to Goodrich Dr. to Maple Ridge Rd. to Orchard Rd. to Fairview Dr. to Garden Gate to Berkshire Rd. to Robin Rd. to Bradford Walk to Winterwood to Lakeview Dr. to Prattling Pond Rd.